Monday, November 3, 2008

Elections...bring out some people's bad parts...

Ok, I did not want to have to write this blog. I have had it on the tip of my fingers for a few days...and I just can't sit on my hands to keep them from writing it. It's time I finally speak up for myself about my not wanting to "Rock the vote". I should probably add that it does not mean I will not vote in the next elections. I am not even going to explain myself for the hundreth time, NO, I need to voice some things plaging me. I'm sorry but some people need to realize that stereotypes are stupid, and that they shouldn't base all people of a certain age, color, position, gender, etc. on other people of that age, color, position, gender, etc. ESPECIALLY when they obviously do not know the person well. I am young. I'm white. Blonde. and I'm a female. So stereotypically, I should be self-involved, lazy, rich, stupid, a borderline alchoholic and a really terrible driver right? OH HELL NO. I'm poor, I care WAY more about others than I do myself, I don't drink or party much if at all. I'm not a bad driver, I at least know which side of the road to drive on and that red means stop, green means go. But most of all I'm much more intelligent and mature than people want to give me credit for. Yes, I joke, and can do some immature things at times. And my mind is running so much that I seem ditzy a lot. But ultimately, there are plenty of people older than me that want to think they are so much more intelligent and mature because their age says so...but just because you're older than me DOES NOT mean you outrank me in the great pyramid of maturity and intelligence. Anyone who can think me dumb and naive just because I'm 21 and not 31 or 41, etc. needs to back off from me, because you obviously know nothing about me. I'm not claiming that I'm more mature or more intelligent than anyone, but I'm just sick of people trying to play the age card in order to bring down my beliefs. It's ridiculus, and it's MY beliefs...there is no reason to tear me down just because I won't succumb to believe in what everyone else believes in. Now people need to understand that I have not said anything above to upset or anger anyone, I just needed to get that out, considering most people won't even let me explain myself before they hush me as if I'm a toddler talking to adults.

No comments: